» Printable guide to group study rooms
Group study rooms are located in the Science Library (DMS Watson Building) and in the basement of Foster Court.
There are four pods on the ground floor of the Science Library in the Learning Laboratory, two pods on the third floor of the Science Library and two pods in the basement of Foster Court. The pods can be booked by undergraduate and postgraduate students (please note that after 19.00 and over the weekend the rooms are not bookable and are available on a first come first served basis).
Please check the room's description whilst booking for the size and facilities provided in that particular room.
- You can book a group study room for 1 session per day, up to 3 weeks in advance.
- If you have not pre-booked, you may use any vacant room but will be required to vacate it promptly in favour of users with a booking.
- You can book a vacant room for immediate use if there is no prior booking for the current period.
- Click the 'CLICK HERE TO BOOK A STUDY ROOM' link in the top right-hand corner of this page.
- This will take you to the room bookings page of our library catalogue.
- From the list you see, select the room you would like to book and click 'Go »'
- Click 'Request' on the next screen you see
- You will be prompted to login (library barcode number and PIN) then the booking periods will open up.
- Periods marked Request 0/1 are available - click 'Request' to select.
- A booking is valid throughout the booked period.
- To check on your bookings, go to 'My Account' in Explore and click on 'Requests'.
- To delete a booking, in 'My Account' click on 'Short Loan Reservations'. Click on the underlined number of the booking then click on the 'Delete Request' link.
- To repeat the procedure, click 'Book a study room' on the top menu bar
- Some rooms have whiteboards. Markers and an eraser are provided in each room.
- Some rooms contain a Myriad computer - check the Description for a selected room on the catalogue before booking if you require this.
- The rooms are not soundproofed and you cannot lock them.
- Please do not leave any personal or valuable items in the rooms; unattended property will be removed by Security.
- Please do not eat or use phones in the study rooms, as in the rest of the library.
- Please leave all rooms clear and tidy at the end of your session, and remember to take all your belongings with you.