UCL Library Services
Published: Apr 27, 2015 2:21:00 PM
Published: Apr 17, 2015 10:00:00 AM
Published: Mar 27, 2015 3:48:00 PM
Published: Mar 19, 2015 3:38:00 PM
Photocopying, Printing and Scanning Services
All UCL Libraries except the UCL Institute of Neurology – Queen Square Library, have Multi-Function Devices (MFDs) connected to a new service called Print@UCL which allows UCL staff and students to photocopy, print and scan. NHS staff, society members and visitors can only photocopy from these devices.
UCL users: registering your ID card
UCL users need to register their UCL ID cards when using an MFD for the first time by following the procedure below:
- Touch your card on the MFD reader.
- Enter your UCL username in the format of: 'ucylxxx' or similar when prompted, and then press ‘Done’.
- Enter your UCL password and press ‘Done’.
- You have now successfully logged in and are presented with three options – ‘Copy’, ‘E-mail’ (scan) or ‘Pull Print’ (print).
- To log out when you have finished, you must either touch your ID card again or hit the green button with a key symbol followed by the log out button on the display screen.
- For all future sessions, you will only need to touch your UCL ID card on the MFD reader.
For further details, please see ISD's How to Guides and Help.
Non-UCL users: creating a ‘guest account’
Before using the MFDs, visitors need to create a ‘guest account’ using a cash loader by following the procedure below:
- From the home screen on the cash loader select ‘Guest Sign Up’
- Enter your name and then a 4 digit PIN code. Press ‘Finish’
- The screen will then display a unique Guest Login Number permanently assigned to you. You can note down this number and your PIN on the cards provided, and the login number will also be printed on your receipt.
- Enter required coins or notes and the balance will be displayed on the screen. Select ‘Finish’ to complete
- A receipt showing your balance and your Login Number will be printed.
- At the MFD – select ‘Alternate Login’ and enter your Guest Login Number and your chosen PIN code on the device to access photocopying services
For further details, please see ISD's Using print@UCL as a Visitor / Guest.
Photocopying and Printing Prices
UCL students are allocated £12 of free credit at the start of the academic year, after which, they need to pay for additional credit online or via an onsite cash loader. Other users need to purchase credit from a cash loader.
Pricing for photocopying and printing is as follows:
Single or double sided
Black and white
Black and white
|A3||Black and white||Single-sided||15p|
|A3||Black and white||Double-sided||20p|
Scanning is free for all UCL users.
Cash loaders which allow non-UCL users to buy photocopy credit, and UCL students to top up their photocopying and print balance are located in the following libraries:
- UCL Main Library
- UCL Science Library
- UCL Bartlett Library
- UCL Institute of Archaeology Library
- UCL Ear Institute and Action on Hearing Loss Libraries
- UCL Language & Speech Science Library
- Royal Free Medical Library, UCL Library Services
- UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies Library
- UCL Institute of Child Health Library
- UCL School of Pharmacy Library
- UCL Eastman Dental Library
UCL students can also buy additional credit online.
Photocopying at the UCL Institute of Neurology – Queen Square Library
Photocopying at the UCL Institute of Neurology – Queen Square Library is via cash only:
A4 b/w single-sided is 5p, A3 b/w single-sided is 10p.
Transferring Photocopying Credit
Unused photocopying credit on cards from a previous system can be transferred to the Print@UCL system.
For immediate transfer of credit from most previous UCL photocopying cards, please visit the ISD Service Desk on the ground floor of the Science Library (DMS Watson Building, Main Campus).
Alternatively, if you have an old photocopy card used at the SSEES Library or the ICH Library, or would prefer to transfer credit locally, please contact the Issue Desk at your local participating library for details on how transfer requests can be submitted via email.
Please note, credit transfers by email can take up to 5 working days.
For further assistance, please contact the ISD Service Desk:
|Telephone||020 7679 5000 (Ext: 25000 within UCL)|
ISD Service Desk,
Ground Floor, Science Library,
DMS Watson Building,
London, WC1E 6BT
Library Services photocopying, printing and scanning contact:
Page last modified on 02 sep 14 14:14