|Information applicable to all posts
There are currently no vacancies.
|How to apply and contact information
For enquiries regarding UCL Library Services current vacancies or the application process please contact the UCL Library Services Administration Office on
- Tel: 020 7679 7977, 020 7679 0001 or 020 7679 7738
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For details on all UCL vacancies and how to apply see the UCL Vacancy List.
Top of page
|General information (applicable to all posts)
UCL Library Services
UCL Library Services has almost 2 million items and access to over 35,000 journals in a combination of print and electronic format covering the sixty or so subjects which are taught in the College. UCL Library Services consists of:
- the UCL Main Library
- the UCL Science Library
- the UCL Cruciform Library
- the UCL Bartlett Library
- the UCL Language and Speech Science Library
- UCL School of Slavonic and East European Studies Library and Information Services
- the UCL Institute of Archaeology Library
- the UCL Ear Institute & Action on Hearing Loss Libraries
- the UCL Institute of Orthopaedics Library
- the Joint Library of Ophthalmology, Moorfields Eye Hospital and UCL Institute of Ophthalmology
- the UCL Institute of Child Health Library
- the UCL Institute of Neurology, Queen Square Library
- Royal Free Hospital Medical Library, UCL Library Services
- the UCL Eastman Dental Institute Library
- UCL Special Collections
- UCL Library Services Store, Belnor House, Wickford
UCL Library Services is also a partner in the Whittington Health Library.
The role of UCL Library Services is to support learning, teaching and research in the global university that is UCL. Members of staff in UCL Library Services support this outreach through their professionalism and their dedication to offering information services of the highest quality. UCL Library Services was awarded the Investors in People standard in June 2008.
The combined staff in UCL Library Services totals around 250.
Conditions of service
Full time staff are entitled to 27 days paid annual leave and leave for part time staff is granted on a pro rata basis. UCL also closes for a period at Christmas and Easter, at which times staff benefit from a total of 6 ‘closure days’ in addition to Bank Holidays.
Hours of work:
Hours of work for full-time members of staff are 36.5 per week excluding lunch breaks.
After passing probation members of staff will receive one increment on the appropriate scale on 1 August each year until the top point on the scale is reached.
Staff on grades 1-6 are eligible to join SAUL, which is a final salary scheme with a current employee contribution rate of 6% and an employer rate of 13% of salary. Staff on grades 7 and above are eligible to join USS, which is a final salary scheme with a current employee contribution rate of 6.35% and an employer contribution rate of 14% of salary.
Appointments are subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and a probationary period of 6 months (for staff on grades 1-6) and 9 months (for staff on grades 7 and above).
The main UCL campus has subsidised cafeterias/bars and shops, gym and a travel agent. UCL staff can also benefit from corporate membership at a Tottenham Court Road gym.
UCL Library Services operates a generous flexi-time scheme on some of its sites which is available to all full-time staff working on those sites and some part-time staff.
Season Ticket Loans:
A season ticket loan is available to staff who have successfully completed their probationary period with the facility to repay through a monthly deduction from salary.
Top of page
Last modified 06 August 2014