UCL Eastman Dental Institute
UCL Eastman Dental Institute is the largest postgraduate dental school in Europe and has a reputation as one of the world’s leading academic centres for dentistry. As part of UCL – London’s Global University – the Institute welcomes UK and international students.
With a focus on translational research, postgraduate education and training, the Institute offers a wide range of study opportunities – Master's degrees, specialty training, certificates, diplomas, research doctorates and CPD courses – from its twin sites in central London.
- Education: Find out about the Institute's wide range of degree programmes.
- Research: Find out about the Institute's research activities and about studying for a PhD.
- CPD: Find out about the Institute's CPD short courses that offer training on a wide range of topics.
- About: Find out more about the Institute, including its academic staff, contact details and job opportunities.
** Time is running out to register for our Restorative Dental Practice MSc; to start this programme in January 2016, you must complete your application by 16 October 2015. Find out more at one of our taster days in September**
- We have many Short courses running between now and Christmas, including Microscopy, Implants and Restorative courses.
- The Advanced Sedation Study Club will be running again in October and is now booking.
- We will be at the BDIA Conference in Birmingham, October 2015. Find out more
- Careers Day, hosted jointly with the British Dental Association, will be running again in February 2016, book now.
- Our Sports Dentistry short course is now available to pay in instalments, see the webpage for more information.
- UCL Eastman Dental Institute was at the British Association of Dental Therapists conference in Birmingham to launch our exciting new collaboration. This collaboration will see a number of new courses for dental therapists and hygienists running at the Eastman in 2016.
Our Prosthodontic Unit held a very successful, two-day Alumni meeting in September, hosting over 100 delegates, from as far afield as Trinidad, Dubai and Gibraltar.
Eastman Senior Lecturer Dr Adam Roberts has received The Society for General Microbiology’s 2015 Outreach Prize. Adam has pioneered the hugely successful, crowd-funded Swab and Send project* which asks members of the public to take and submit environmental swabs. More...
In collaboration with partners in Portugal, UCL biomaterials staff – including the Institute's Head of Biomaterials & Tissue Engineering, Professor Jonathan Knowles – have been awarded a grant from the European Commission. More...