New look Explore from Monday 10 September
3 September 2018
UPDATE: Please note the change of date for this launch, which is now later than previously announced.
Following the development of our new look Explore, it will become the live service from Monday 10 September.
Some of the key features of the new version are:
- New look and feel, which adapts to your screen size
- Single screen for each search result, reducing the number of clicks
- On-screen text stripped back to essentials, for a cleaner view
In addition, our underlying library system is being upgraded this summer, so there will be some further differences:
- You will need to login to access full services, including viewing details of item loan periods, renewing items, requesting material on loan or closed access, and viewing full search results across all our licensed articles.
- For UCL members, login will now use your standard UCL user id and password.
- For non-UCL library members with borrowing access who wish to use the above features, a new login password will be required, to accompany the barcode. New password information will be sent out early next week.
- The SFX service will be replaced by an integrated Explore service for linking to full text.
As mentioned previously, the old eShelf/Favourites cannot be transferred to the new service, so we advise you to export any records you wish to keep in advance of 10 September.
We welcome your feedback on
the new service.