Share the Space
13 November 2017
From Monday 13 November, we are operating our Share the Space Scheme until the end of term.
This is a busy period of term and study space is in heavy demand. Please be considerate of others when using the library.
- If you are leaving your study space for more than 30 minutes, please take all your possessions with you. Obviously you will need to have a break from time to time, but if you are attending a lecture or going out, please take your things with you.
- Please only use one of the Cluster desks with a fixed PC if you are using the PC.
How Share the Space operates
- Library staff will be leaving reminders on desks which have been left unattended to indicate that they are available for use after 30 minutes
- Other readers may then carefully move your belonging to one side and take your seat.
- If you return to your desk within 30 minutes, that’s fine, just dispose of the notice and carry on studying.
Although a number of our libraries are extremely busy at times, other sites may have more capacity. You may use any of our libraries in the Bloomsbury area and beyond.
New technology is coming very soon to help you find a Library space. Please see our news item published on 29 September.