What we do
- expert staff to help you get the most from UCL’s resources
- inspiring spaces for learning (individually and in groups)
- a vast and rich collection of books, e-resources and journals
- access to UCL Special Collections with treasures from UCL’s history at the forefront of scientific research
- a place to come together and share expertise
The specialist tools we’ve developed in bibliometrics and data management are helping researchers to exploit data as it becomes available at UCL and supporting UCL researchers to demonstrate the impact of their work.
Last year we had more than two million visits to our libraries, including visits from UCL staff and students, NHS staff and the general public. We also engage staff, students and external audiences through academic teaching sessions, exhibitions, special events, community and school links and social media.
- National Student Survey Satisfaction scores (88%)
- Over 6,000 linear metres of archives, rare books and manuscripts
- UCL Discovery has now passed ten million downloads from over 170 countries
- Times Higher Education Leadership Management Award (THELMA) nomination in 2016 for “Outstanding Library Service” and again in 2017 for Outstanding Digital Innovation and Outstanding Library Team.
- Green Impact Award winners
- Six NHS Trusts are supported by UCL Library Services
- Provision of an Open Access repository service for the NHS Trusts
- Introduction of a new course for PhD students co-organised by the Research Data Management team, Doctoral School and the Office of the Vice Provost (Research)