John Proctor Anderdon

Country house

Beech House

Bransgrove, now Bransgore (Hampshire)

Purchased 1st Jan 1816

Description

'The residence of John Proctor Anderdon, Esq., formerly an eminent West India merchant'.  'The situation is upon the south-western verge of the New Forest [probably Bransgrove, now Bransgore, ]. 'A most rapid transformation' of an existing 'convenient mansion' created from 'the scanty dimensions of a gamekeeper's cottage.'

The picture shows the house in 1960 in a state of disrepair. Source:

History of the village of Bransgore, Hampshire [Accessed 08/02/2011]

 

Notes

Remodelled 1816 according to J.N.Brewer p. 55


Further Information

 
Details of modifications

Extant building was modified in 1816

Architect of modifications
Stedman Whitwell
Current owner
Not known