John Bolton

Country house

Storrs Hall

Windermere (Cumberland)

Purchased 30th Nov -0001 | Occupied 1st Jan 1806 - 1st Jan 1837


Classical villa built 1790s for Sir John Legard. Remodelled 1808-1809 for John Bolton.

No notes

Further Information

Details of modifications

Built originally in the 1790s, but significantly remodelled by John Bolton during his tenure c. 1808-1809. He left the house after his wife's death to the Rev. Thomas Staniforth.

Architect of modifications
Joseph Michael Gandy
Current owner
Private - hotel