Purchased 1st Jan 1821 | Occupied 1st Jan 1821 - 1st Jan 1895
Image from http://www.leasowecastle.com/
Leasowe Castle built in 1593 by Ferdinando, the 5th Earl of Derby.
1802 bought by Mrs Boode, whose daughter, Mary Anne, married Edward Cust who took possession in 1821. The castle remained in the Cust family until 1895. Cust tried initially to run the castle as a hotel; but unsuccessful and took up residence in 1843 and made many additions to the building.
1911: bought by the Trustees of the Railway Convalescent Homes, who ran it until 1970.
1974: bought by Wallasey Corporation who did little with it; Wirral Borough Council re-sold it in 1980-2 to a local businessman who opened it as a hotel and then to Lawton Hotels Ltd (at unspecified date since 1982).