Ballochmyle, near Mauchline (Ayrshire)
Purchased 30th Nov -0001 | Occupied 1st Jan 1776 - 1st Jan 1938
The image is of the house before 1887 (when it was susbtantially extended because the family felt it was "too small").
From Sir Claud Hagart-Alexander's account of The Alexander Family of Ballochmyle (2002) reproduced at Ayrshire History: The Alexander Family of Ballochmyle
The image is from Ayrshire History
The house was built in 1760 for the Whitefoord family, possibly to designs by William Adam (1689-1748). Bought by Claud Alexander in 1776. Subsequent modifications included the adding of the frontage in 1886 by the architect H. M. Wardrop for Sir Claud Alexander. Sir Claud died in 1899; the house was let until 1938 when it was sold to the Scottish Home and Health Dept, for Ballochmyle Hospital. The old buildings were eventually demolished in 2000.