Profile & Legacies Summary
1775 - 1847
Claimant or beneficiary
- Probably = William Dickson junior (1775-1847), son of William Dickson (1740-1802), both Liverpool slave-traders.
- David Pope, 'The wealth and social aspirations of Liverpool's slave merchants of the second half of the Eighteenth century', in Liverpool and Transatlantic Slavery, ed. David Richardson, Suzanne Schwarz and Anthony Tibbles (Liverpool, Liverpool University Press, 2007), ch. 7 pp. 219-20.
Associated Claims (2)
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1832 [EA] - 1834 [LA] → Executor
Anfield Lodge, West Derby, Liverpool, Lancashire, North-west England, England