Profile & Legacies Summary
John Dalgleish of London was shown as the mortgagee of a group of enslaved people on unnamed estate on St Kitts belonging to the Thomson family.
- Probably but not certainly John Dalgleish formerly of Beaufort Street Marylebone but now residing at No. 14 Duke Street Edinburgh whose will made in 1833 was proved 16/01/1838. In the will he made his daughter Elizabeth Dalgleish 'presently residing in family with me' his sole executrix and universal legatee. In a note of 26/12/1836 he also provided for a legacy of £500 to his servant James McCallan; and in a further note of 26/07/1837 he instructed his daughter to pay £80 to Mrs Margaret McCallan sick nurse of 23 India Place.
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1825 [EA] - 1834 [LA] → Mortgagee-in-Possession
London, Middlesex, London, England
Beaufort Street, Marylebone, London, Middlesex, London, England