Profile & Legacies Summary
1768 - 1838
Claimant or beneficiary
Of Port of Spain, Trinidad at the time of compensation (although dying in London in 1838), unsuccessful claimant for the compensation under an award for 20 enslaved people, tentatively identified as on the Marli [sic] estate in Tragarete.
- Burial of Amelia Glenton aged 70 of 3 Judd Street, New Road St Pancras, at All Souls Kensal Green 04/05/1838. Will of Amelia Glenton of Island of Trinidad proved 27/06/1838. in the will, made 12/04/1838 when she was in London 'late of the Island of Trinidad' she left her entire estate to her niece Henrietta Newton Hall (q.v.). The latter died aged 81 at Bath Q4 1891.
- Ancestry.com, London, England, Deaths and Burials1813-1980 [database online]; PROB 11/1896/406; Ancestry.com, England and Wales Free BMD Death Index, 1837-1915 [database online]
Associated Claims (1)
Associated Estates (1)
The dates listed below have different categories as denoted by the letters in the brackets following each date. Here is a key to explain those letter codes:
- SD - Association Start Date
- SY - Association Start Year
- EA - Earliest Known Association
- ED - Association End Date
- EY - Association End Year
- LA - Latest Known Association
1828 [EA] - 1828 [LA] → Owner