UCL Laws Semester in London
How to apply
Stage 1- application form and documents
Students interested in participating in the Semester in London Programme apply via their home university and should contact their local coordinator about requirements and deadlines. In addition to the requirements set by their home university, students will have to fill in the UCL application form for Affiliate Students and submit it together with a passport sized photograph to their home university.
All paperwork must arrive at UCL by the end of April.
- You must write your name on the application form exactly as stated in your passport
- You must advise at this stage if you will need a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies) from UCL (required for those who intend to apply for a Tier 4 General Student visa)
- UT and BU students should advise at this point if they wish to follow six classes
Stage 2 - Offer letter
Students will be sent a formal “offer of study” and an “acceptance of offer” once their application is received by UCL.
The acceptance of offer must be signed and returned immediately (deadline end May) as we will be unable to process our records otherwise:
- students will not be able to apply for student housing until the acceptance is received at UCL
- students’ Certificate of Acceptance of Studies number will not be issued until their acceptance is received by UCL. This number is needed if a student wishes to apply for a TIER 4 visa.
Keep copies of all documentation and carry them with you when you travel to the UK – do not pack them in a suitcase