Pathways to Law
How to Apply
can apply online at www.suttontrust.com/applypathways/.
match all or the majority of the criteria, as indicated. The application
form requires information from yourself as well as a personal statement. Your
parent/guardian needs to support the application, as will your school, who
must provide your predicted grades and a reference.
What are the criteria used to judge applicants?
In order to be eligible for the programme students must:
- Attend a state school or college or live in one of the 32 London boroughs
- Have at least 5 As or A*s at GCSE
- Be either the first generation in their family to attend university OR
be or have been eligible for Free School Meals
In addition, preference will be given to those students:
- In schools with below average levels of attainment / progression to university
- In schools with high free school meal rates
- From areas where progression to university is low (as defined by postcode)
When are the deadlines?
The application deadline for Pathways 2013 is on Monday 7 October
A decision will be made on your application jointly by the UCL and LSE co-coordinators,
and any place offered will be conditional on you achieving your predicted grades. It
is hoped these places will be offered by Friday 4 October 2013. UCL will be
recruiting 35-40 students and LSE 70 students, meaning a recruitment to the
London programme of around 100 students.
If successful you will be offered a place at either UCL or LSE, if you have attended
a summer school or previous programme at or have an affiliation to either university
you are encouraged to reflect this in your personal statement.