At UCL Laws we seek to engage actively with a range of communities and groups living and working outside the University sector. We aim to:
- Tell public groups about our research and teaching
- Support communities with our expertise
- Encourage our students to get involved with local communities
- Let people outside the University contribute their research and knowledge to our programmes
- Take part in dialogue about the direction of our research and teaching
- Create knowledge in collaboration with communities and interest groups outside the University
- Work with a range of people, including socially excluded people, local community groups and local creative organisations
- Find new models for public-academic dialogue about law
- Create innovative forms of communication.
Public Engagement (PE) work in the Faculty of Laws is encouraged and supported by the UCL Public Engagement Beacon Mentor scheme.
Public Engagement Overview
Bentham Project and PE