- Chair in Law and Professional Ethics
- CEL Scholarship commenced
- CEL Director awarded Philip Leverhulme Prize
- Carillion offer a full time secondee to Co-Direct the Centre
- Ernst & Young offer to continue to support the secondee scheme
- CEL receives Impact award for a PhD studentship
- Richard Moorhead becomes UCL’s first Chair in Law and Professional Ethics
- Professor Richard Moorhead joins Advisory Board for a major Public Legal Education project.
Richard Moorhead becomes UCL’s first Chair in Law and Professional Ethics
2 April 2012
Professor Richard Moorhead, a highly-respected voice in legal education and legal aid, has been appointed as the first Chair in Law and Professional Ethics at University College London. As holder of the Chair, he will take on the Directorship of UCL’s Centre for Ethics and Law from September 2012.
Richard Moorhead's main research interests to date have been access to justice, lawyer ethics, legal services and the regulation of legal systems. He specialises in applied, empirical research which has been influential on professional regulation; legal aid and debates on legal services.
Speaking of the relevance of ethics today, Professor Moorhead said “There has never been a better time to be focusing on ethics. Ethical crises are everywhere. Businesses, professions and the media are discovering that reputational risk damages bottom lines in the short term and legitimacy in the long term."
Page last modified on 30 mar 12 14:50