- Chair in Law and Professional Ethics
- CEL Scholarship commenced
- CEL Director awarded Philip Leverhulme Prize
- Carillion offer a full time secondee to Co-Direct the Centre
- Ernst & Young offer to continue to support the secondee scheme
- CEL receives Impact award for a PhD studentship
- Richard Moorhead becomes UCL’s first Chair in Law and Professional Ethics
- Professor Richard Moorhead joins Advisory Board for a major Public Legal Education project.
- Professions for Good
- Centre Director Richard Moorhead appears in The Times
- CELs Luke Price attends Law & Neuroscience Winter School
- CEL's Richard Moorhead's Research forms basis of a policy initiative for Legal Services Board
- New Course: Commerce, Ethics and Innovation in Legal Services
- CELs in the City and the Far East
- Director Richard Moorhead addresses a seminar on Legal Risk and Lawyers
- JK Rowling's Outing - Comment by R Moorhead
- Julie Ball Joins Legal Risk Project
New Course: Commerce, Ethics and Innovation in Legal Services
18 July 2013
The UCL Laws Faculty has approved a new LLM module Commerce, Ethics and Innovation in Legal Services.
It’s starting point is that Global, commercial and political pressures are reshaping legal services. Innovation is challenging received wisdoms about the delivery of law and the professional status of lawyers.
This course will examine the provision of legal services from the perspectives of theory, commerce and innovation and will challenge students to evaluate lawyers, legal service reform and legal service delivery against normative frameworks: are legal services of appropriate quality; do they deliver access to justice; are they ethical?
The course is led by Centre Director, Richard Moorhead with contributions from Richard Susskind, the world renowned expert on law and information technology. We expect to involve innovators from the legal professions and the legal services industry in some classes.
Page last modified on 18 jul 13 13:01