- Chair in Law and Professional Ethics
- CEL Scholarship commenced
- CEL Director awarded Philip Leverhulme Prize
- Carillion offer a full time secondee to Co-Direct the Centre
- Ernst & Young offer to continue to support the secondee scheme
- CEL receives Impact award for a PhD studentship
- Richard Moorhead becomes UCL’s first Chair in Law and Professional Ethics
- Professor Richard Moorhead joins Advisory Board for a major Public Legal Education project.
Professor Richard Moorhead joins Advisory Board for a major Public Legal Education project.
26 June 2012
Professor Richard Moorhead, UCL's new Chair in Law and Professional Ethics and Director of the Centre for Ethics and Law, has joined prominent lawyers and advisors from the legal not-for-profit sector to sit on the Advisory Board for a major new public legal education project aimed at explaining legal rights to young people in Hackney. Advisory Board members also include Lord Bach, Michael Mansfield QC, David Jessel and Sean Canning.
Mind the JusticeGap will involve young people in Hackney working with UCL law students to explain to young people key concepts about the law, how they relate to their lives and encourage the view that a career as a lawyer is one that is available to people from all backgrounds. Dr. Jacqueline Kinghan, Director of clinical legal education at UCL’s Faculty of Laws, oversees the project for UCL.
Commenting on this exciting new project, Professor Moorhead said "This is an innovative project which provides a unique opportunity for UCL students to see law in the way the public sees it and to contribute to making law more accessible for all. I am delighted to be involved."
Page last modified on 26 jun 12 16:08