- Chair in Law and Professional Ethics
- CEL Scholarship commenced
- CEL Director awarded Philip Leverhulme Prize
- Carillion offer a full time secondee to Co-Direct the Centre
- Ernst & Young offer to continue to support the secondee scheme
- CEL receives Impact award for a PhD studentship
- Richard Moorhead becomes UCL’s first Chair in Law and Professional Ethics
- Professor Richard Moorhead joins Advisory Board for a major Public Legal Education project.
- Professions for Good
- Centre Director Richard Moorhead appears in The Times
- CELs Luke Price attends Law & Neuroscience Winter School
- CEL's Richard Moorhead's Research forms basis of a policy initiative for Legal Services Board
- New Course: Commerce, Ethics and Innovation in Legal Services
- CELs in the City and the Far East
- Director Richard Moorhead addresses a seminar on Legal Risk and Lawyers
- JK Rowling's Outing - Comment by R Moorhead
- Julie Ball Joins Legal Risk Project
CELs Luke Price attends Law & Neuroscience Winter School
18 July 2013
Luke Price, who was awarded our first CEL studentship, recently attended the Law & Neuroscience Winter School at the University of Pavia, Italy.
The two-week program aimed to discuss some of the current research themes, and also to encourage interdisciplinary discussion between lawyers, scientists and philosophers.
On attending the program, Luke said 'Law is primarily concerned with regulating human behaviour. As a consequence, lawyers have for some time concerned themselves with how humans behave. There is a growing awareness now, though, of a need to look further: to ask why humans behave as they do. This has led to an increasing interaction between the fields of law and neuroscience. I became aware of the importance of this interaction in my own work through looking at the psychological pressures corporations place on their members'.
Page last modified on 18 jul 13 12:04