- Director appointed to Harvard Fellowship
- CEL Director on Baroness Butler Sloss' Resignation from Child Abuse Inquiry
- Is sustainability improving corporate and professional ethics?
- CEL Director comments on Canadian reform of professional regulation
- Video Available of Lawrence Lessig Delivering CEL Annual Lecture 2014
- CEL Awarded LEF Grant
- ULL Honorary Professor, Stephen Mayson joins the Centre for Ethics and Law
- Commercial awareness and the lawyer’s moral compass
- Centre Director Comments on Extraordinary Criticisms of Leading Law Firm
- CEL Director Suggests Legal Aid Cuts Will Hit Quality and May Hasten Fusion
- CEL Director Comments on Recruitment and Diversity at the Bar
Published: Jul 28, 2014 5:24:40 PM
Published: Jul 16, 2014 4:36:45 PM
Published: Jun 20, 2014 11:15:00 AM
Published: May 9, 2014 11:32:06 AM
CEL Director on Baroness Butler Sloss' Resignation from Child Abuse Inquiry
16 July 2014
Writing on 9 July on his blog Lawyer Watch, CEL Director Richard Moorhead predicted Baroness Butler Sloss' resignation from her position leading the Home Office inquiry into historic child abuse, saying that as soon as it became clear she may have to investiagte matters alleged to have involved her brother-in-law - former Attorney General, Sir Michael Havers - that she would be left with little option.
His thoughts were also published in Legal Business and he was interviewed on the matter by Richard Bacon for BBC 5 Live, when the Baroness resigned.
Page last modified on 16 jul 14 14:55