- Moorhead tells leading practitioners, City lawyers are part of the precarious professionalism problem
- CEL Director appointed to Harvard Fellowship at Edmond J. Safra Center
- CEL Director Comments on Recruitment and Diversity at the Bar
- CEL Director on Baroness Butler Sloss' Resignation from Child Abuse Inquiry
- Is sustainability improving corporate and professional ethics?
- CEL Director comments on Canadian reform of professional regulation
- Video Available of Lawrence Lessig Delivering CEL Annual Lecture 2014
- CEL Awarded LEF Grant
- ULL Honorary Professor, Stephen Mayson joins the Centre for Ethics and Law
- Commercial awareness and the lawyer’s moral compass
- Centre Director Comments on Extraordinary Criticisms of Leading Law Firm
- CEL Director Suggests Legal Aid Cuts Will Hit Quality and May Hasten Fusion
- Picking up ethical challenges in professional practice: can 3D avatars help?
'The conversation we never had' - SRA to overhaul handbook for in-house counsel as UCL unveils ethics research
Published: Apr 17, 2015 2:14:00 PM
Published: Apr 1, 2015 12:37:59 PM
Published: Mar 3, 2015 10:41:36 AM
Published: Nov 27, 2014 3:41:48 PM
Commercial awareness and the lawyer’s moral compass
27 January 2014
Prof Richard Moorhead will be giving a keynote address at Managing Partners’ 7th Compliance for Law Firms Conference on 2-3 April in London. He will highlight work underway at UCL’s Centre for Ethics and Laws examining how lawyers cope with legal risk and professional ethics. What are the tensions between commercial awareness and professional ethics; are lawyers fit to provide a moralcompass; what difficulties are posed for lawyers as managers of legal risk?
Page last modified on 27 jan 14 12:04