Previous CEL Events
- Moral Judgments: Insights from Psychology, Computer Science, and Neuroscience
- International Conference on Access to Justice and Legal Services
- Banning Referral Fees
- CEL Annual Lecture - The Place of 'Institutions' in the Idea of 'Corruption'
- UCL Inaugural Lecture: Precarious Professionalism
- Book Launch: The Foundations and Future of Financial Regulation - Governance for Responsibility
- Lunch Hour Lecture: Should We Trust Lawyers?
Published: May 11, 2016 8:59:41 AM
Published: May 10, 2016 2:32:53 PM
Published: Apr 22, 2016 11:16:59 AM
Published: Apr 5, 2016 10:52:51 AM
Book Launch: The Foundations and Future of Financial Regulation - Governance for Responsibility
Publication date: Oct 31, 2013 04:22 PM
Feb 25, 2014 06:00 PM
End: Feb 25, 2014 07:00 PM
Location: Moot Court, Bentham House
In view of the publication of ‘The Foundations and Future of Financial Regulation- Governance For Responsibility’ by Professor Mads Andenas, University of Oslo and Dr Iris H-Y Chiu, University College London in early 2014, this book launch is intended to introduce the key concepts and arguments in the book.
This book offers an exploration of financial regulation in the aftermath of the crisis in order to map out the future trajectory of regulation in an age where financial stability is being emphasised as a key regulatory objective. The book focuses on the substantive regulation of the UK and the EU, within a global context, and considers the relationship between financial regulation, financial stability, institutional structures in the UK, EU and US, and the responsibility of various actors in governance. It will be of interest to academics and students of banking and finance law and comparative economics.
- Dr Iris (H-Y) Chiu, Reader in Law at UCL
- Professor Mads Andenas, University of Oslo
With discussion from
- Professor Emilios Avgouleas, University of Edinburgh
- Professor Charles Goodhart, LSE
Page last modified on 31 oct 13 16:01