Jurisprudence @ UCL
UCL Laws has a strong and active group of faculty members and research students working in the
area of jurisprudence.
Emeritus Faculty Members
- Pritam Baruah (Ph.D) supervised by Professor Penner and Dr Letsas
- Alex Calladine (Ph.D) who is working on the relationship between neuroscience and criminal responsibility with Professor Guest and
- Leto Cariolou (Ph.D) who is working on the interpretation of economic rights within the European Community with Professor Guest and Dr Letsas
- Diana Constantinescu (Ph.D) who is working on the philosophical nature and function of the judicial role with Professor Guest
- Miguel Lopez Lorenzo (Ph.D) supervised by Professor Penner and Dr Letsas
- Viki Martzoukou (Ph.D) who is researching the concept of positive obligations of the state in the protection of human rights within the European Convention on Human Rights, supervised by Professor Guest and MrO'Cinneide
- Sara Nason (Ph.D) who is working on the philosophical foundations of judicial review with Professor Guest and Dr Letsas
- Rebecca Smith (Ph.D) supervised by Drs Letsas and O'Cinneide
- Oisin Suttle (Ph.D) who is working on the philosophy of international economic law with Professor John Tasioulas
There are a large number of regular and occasional visitors in Jurisprudence to the Faculty each year.