The UCL CAJ Access to Justice Summer School
The Access to Justice summer school is aimed at students in Year 12 from widening participation backgrounds who are interested in studying law at university.
The objectives of the summer school are for students to:
- Gain valuable exposure to life at UCL and in the Faculty of Laws;
- View University and the study of law as a viable option for their future;
- Gain insight into the University application process;
- Learn more about the legal profession and the paths to becoming a lawyer in the UK;
- Develop a deeper understanding of human rights, citizenship and access to justice issues;
- Develop important skills such as public speaking, communication, team-working and legal research.
A link to the press release on the 2013 summer school can be found here.
What students said:
“I love UCL! It is an incredible environment with a strong focus on hard work, succeeding, and becoming an active member of all societies.”
“I have had more of an insight of what it would be like attending UCL which has made me more excited about university. The tutors and the student mentors I met are inspiring people”
“The summer school thoroughly broadened my knowledge of issues and made me sure of studying law at university”
“I think that this summer school was brilliant in helping me improve my confidence and was helpful financially making sure I got here. The [CAJ] staff actually cared about my presence and were really helpful”
The UCL Access to Justice Summer School 2014
21st July to 26th July, 2014
If you are interested in applying for the 2014 Residential Summer School programme please make sure you read the informational leaflet outlining the programme and eligibility requirements.
How to apply:
Please note, the deadline for applying to the 2014 summer school has now passed.
If you have any questions, please contact Shiva Riahi on firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can complete a hard copy of the application and return it by post to:
London WC1H 0EG
Page last modified on 12 may 14 11:25