UCL Laws People
Professor David Evans, Visiting Professor and Executive Director of the Jevons Institute for Competition Law and Economics at UCL, is a specialist on competition policy in the US and European Union, a topic on which he has written and lectured extensively. He is also an authority on the economics of high-technology businesses and two-sided markets, particularly as it relates to competition policy and intellectual property. He is the author or editor of seven books and more than 100 articles or book chapters. His works has appeared in the American Economic Review¸ Antitrust Law Journal, Foreign Affairs, and The University of Chicago Law Review among other places. His many opinion pieces have appeared in newspapers around the world including the Washington Post, Wall St. Journal, Financial Times, Les Echos, and El Pais.
He currently also teaches at the University of Chicago Law School where he is a Lecturer. He is also the Editor-in-Chief of Competition Policy International, a peer-reviewed, academic journal that covers antitrust law, economics, the Chairman of the Editorial Board for Global Competition Policy, an online magazine written for and by members of the global competition policy community; and the Editor-in-Chief at FinReg21, a online media entity developed for, and by, those involved in or affected by financial services regulation which publishes Lombard Street which is a professional journal on financial regulation.
Dr. Evans has a Ph.D. from the University of Chicago
- Trustbusters: Global Competition Authorities Speak Out Book (Competition Policy International)
- The New Trustbusters by: David S. Evans (SSRN)
- The Online Advertising Industry: Economics, Evolution, and Piracy by: David S. Evans (SSRN)
- Why Different Jurisdictions Do Not (and Should Not) Adopt the Same Antitrust Rules by: David S. Evans (SSRN)
- Failure to Launch: Critical Mass in Platform Business by: David S. Evans & Richard Schmalensee (SSRN)
- How Catalysts Ignite: The Economics of Platform-Based Start-Ups by: David S. Evans (SSRN)
- Industrial Organization of Markets with Two Sided Platforms by: David S. Evans & Richard Schmalensee (SSRN)
Professor Evans teaches on the Masters Role of Economics in Competition Law course