Joint Research Office News
- What does the JRO do?
- Post Approval
- Academic Clinical Trials
- Commercial Research
- Training and Education
- Patient and Public Involvement
- Funding Opportunities
- JRO News
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Clinical Trials Units (CTUs)
- UCLH Patient Flag
- Information and tools to help prepare your study submitted to the JRO
Cancer Division sets up governance group
26 February 2013
The UCLH Cancer Division has established a group to review research that is not a clinical trial before it is submitted to the Joint Research Office.
The ‘Applied Health Research in Cancer Governance Group’ will provide governance review and support for researchers.
Please note: this is for pre-submissions to the Joint Research Office.
For more information about the group contact:
Emma Hainsworth, CRUK Senior Research Nurse
Tel: 0845 155 5000 x 75104
The group reviews the following types of study:
* Novice researchers: Nurses/Allied Health Professionals thinking about undertaking a research project and requiring advice
* Nurses/Allied Health Professional/and or others performing research projects as part of an educational programme e.g. MSc, PhD
* Independent research projects relating to cancer care e.g. psychology studies, health services studies involving cancer patients and their families
* Patient Focused and Health Service Cancer Care research where UCLH is a site within a peer reviewed, externally funded single or multi-centre study
The group fulfils 2 main functions at 2 different stages of the study’s submission process:
1. Advice and support at early stage of study planning (pre-ethics submission)
2. A required step in the R&D submission process (before SSI can be signed):
Governance review requiring completion of a brief governance application form
Page last modified on 26 feb 13 15:33