Postgraduate Research Studentships
Applications closed for 2014/2015
JFIGS will be offering five Postgraduate Research Studentships for 2014/2015 to graduate students across the Faculties of Arts & Humanities and Social & Historical Sciences.
The studentships will comprise £5,000 each covering the UK/EU postgraduate research fee of £4,500 plus £500 cash for the 2014/2015 academic year.
The deadline for submission was the 31st January.
applications will be assessed and the five strongest that have not been
awards equivalent to the AHRC fees/maintenance sum (which is currently
£27,000 a year for three years) will be offered a FIGS studentship.
The Arts and Humanities and Social & Historical Sciences Joint Faculty Institute for Graduate Studies intends to offer five postgraduate research studentships for students working towards a PhD for the academic year 2014-2015. The awards shall have a value of £5, 000 (covering the UK/EU postgraduate research fee of £4,500 plus £500 cash) and are tenable for ONE YEAR.
• The criterion for this award is academic excellence
• The student nominated must be intending to pursue a course of study or research leading to a PhD postgraduate degree in either of the Faculties of Arts & Humanities or Social & Historical Sciences at University College London
• The studentships are designed for all research students. Each application will be judged on its merits, and an application submitted on behalf of a current award-holder will not in itself guarantee re-selection.
• The value of the studentship is usually deducted from tuition fees at the beginning of the academic session
• Departments are free to supplement the studentships from their own funds, if they wish.
• The award may not be held jointly with an LAHP or Wolfson studentship or a full UCL postgraduate studentship.
• Part time students may apply for FIGS studentships.
• Each Department/Centre/Programme (hereafter shortened to Department) in the Faculty is invited to nominate A MAXIMUM OF THREE research students for the award.
• Please send the original UCL PhD application by email to Kim Morgan firstname.lastname@example.org
• Nominations should reach the Arts and Humanities Faculty Office by 5 p.m. on 31st January 2014.
• The decision will be made in the course of the summer term by the Joint Faculty Postgraduate Research Studentship Committee, and departments will be notified as promptly as possible.
• The Joint Faculty Postgraduate Research Studentship Committee will also draw up a Faculty reserve list to re-allocate awards in cases where those students awarded a faculty studentship succeed in obtaining a full AHRC or UCL studentship.
Page last modified on 18 aug 14 10:23