Dr Lucia Rinaldi
Office hours: Wednesday 11.00 am - 12 noon, or by appointment.
Italian Language; ELCS6049 Noir Fctions; ELCS6024 Representing History; MA Contemporary Italian Culture and History; MA Genre in Italian Cinema
Italian crime narrative and noir fiction, Anglo-Italian crime narrative, Twentieth-century Italian literature and film, Postmodern literature and culture
- Andrea Camilleri: A Companion to the Mystery Fiction. Jefferson NC: McFarland, 2012.
- 'Italian Women Crime Writers', co-authored with Giuliana Pieri, in Giuliana Pieri (ed.): Italian Crime Fiction. Cardiff: University of Wales Press, 2011, pp. 115-131.
- ‘Bologna’s Noir Identity: Narrating the City in Carlo Lucarelli’s Crime Fiction’, Italian Studies, Vol. 64 No. 1 (2009), pp. 120–133.
- ‘Location and Identity in Contemporary Italian Crime Narrative. The case of Fois’s Gialli’, in Laura Rorato and Anna Saunders (eds), The Essence and the Margin: National Identities and Collective Memories in Contemporary European Culture. Studia Imagologica, Vol. 15. Amsterdam: Rodopi, 2009, pp. 151-164.
- Stephen Gundle and Lucia Rinaldi (eds): Assassinations and Murder in Modern Italy. Transformations in Society and Culture. New York: Palgrave, 2007.
- ‘Has the Screen Killed the Page? I polizieschi and the Case of Montalbano’, Spunti e Ricerche ‘From Page to Screen’, Vol. 20 (2005), pp. 46-58.