Dr Cristina Massaccesi
Fellow/Italian Language Coordinator
phone: +44 20 7679 3022
Office Hours: Tuesday 12-13 or by appointment
Education: Dottore in Lettere Classiche (Università "G. D'Annunzio" - Chieti), MA
in History of Film and Visual Media (Birkbeck College, University of
London), PhD in Italian Studies (UCL, Department of Italian) with a
thesis on Intertext and Postmodern Space in the
Work of Pier Vittorio Tondelli. Qualified translator (DipTransIoLET).
Research Interests: Film Studies, Sequential Art, 20th Century Italian Literature and Comparative Studies.
Teaching: ELCS6008 Introduction to Film Adaptation, ELCS4012 Sequential Art as a Form of Engagement, ITAL2113 Docudrama in Contemporary Italian Cinema, ITALGF12 Genre in Italian Cinema (MA Film Studies), ITALG019 Advanced Translation from and into Italian (MA Translation Theory and Practice), ITALG012 Contemporary Italian Cultures (MA Contemporary Italian Culture and History, modules on Italian Postmodernism and Sequential Art), Italian language to Undergraduates.
- Schizophrenic Geographies. Intertextuality and Postmodern Space in the Work of Pier Vittorio Tondelli (Troubador, forthcoming 2013)
- Nosferatu, eine Symphonie des Grauens. A Study Guide (Devil's Advocates, Auteur, forthcoming 2013)
Previous publications include:
- Il punto su Pier Vittorio Tondelli, 'Bollettino '900' (Bologna, 2001)
- Italian Studies in the UK. Past and Present Trends, 'Bollettino '900' (Bologna, 2003)
- Translations for the volume: Panta. Italia Fantastica (Bompiani: Milan, 2004)
- Translation of Robert Lumley, 'Arte Povera a Torino: l'intrigante caso del Deposito d'Arte Presente/Arte Povera in Turin: the intriguing case of the Deposito d'Arte Presente'. In R, Lumley, F. Manacorda (Eds.), Marcello Levi: Ritratto di un collezionista/Marcello Levi: Portrait of a Collector. Dal Futurismo all'Arte Povera/From Futurism to Arte Povera. (Hopefulmonster: Turin, 2005)
Editorial Assistant to the journal Modern Italy published by ASMI (Association for the Study of Modern Italy). To contact the journal, send a message to: email@example.com.