International Student Support
- Preparing for your arrival
- Orientation programme
- During your studies
- Welfare & support
- Immigration and visas
- Recent terror attacks
Making a visa application from China or India and want to watch a fellow student's experience of visa application process? View the short films here.
Your Personal Tutor at UCL video
Transition Mentor Programme video (undergraduate students)
Study Abroad at UCL video (affiliate students)
- UCL - Student Accommodation
- UofL Housing Services
- Travelling to UCL
- UCL Maps & Virtual Tours
- UCL - Term Dates
- UCL Student Centre
- UCL Health Centre
- UCL Careers
- Student Psychological Services
- UCL Student Support
- UCL Volunteering at UCL
- UCL Part-time English Courses
- UCLU Clubs and Societies
- Drinkaware Trust
Enrolment begins your life as part of the UCL community. When you arrive at UCL you need to enrol in person on your programme of study, pay your tuition fees (if you have not already done so), and get your UCL student identity card.
Pre-enrolment is an online service which involves you adding
your personal details on Portico (the UCL Student Service).
- When you complete pre-enrolment you are issued with an in-person appointment which you need to attend in order to complete your enrolment at UCL.
- Only students who have firmly accepted an unconditional offer to study at UCL will be invited to pre-enrol.
- Pre-enrolment will open in the beginning of August for graduate students and in early September for undergraduates.
- When your record is ready for you to pre-enrol, UCL will send you an email to invite you to pre-enrol and will provide further information how to do this.
To receive all correspondence in a timely manner, it is essential that you provide UCL with a valid personal email address which you check regularly.
What documentation should I bring to enrolment?
There are a number of documents you will be required to provide at your in-person enrolment appointment.
All students should make sure they are able to produce
their Student Reference Number on request. You will find your Student
Reference Number on your offer letter from UCL. Please bring a copy of
your offer letter with you when you come to enrol.
In addition to this, you will be asked to provide:
- An accepted form of photographic identification. UCL's preferred
form of identification is a valid passport, or for EU/EEA students, a European National
Identity Card will also be accepted.
- If you are coming to study at UCL from outside the EU/EEA/Switzerland, the presentation of a valid passport and visa to study in the UK is a mandatory requirement. You will need to provide evidence that you have permission to be in the UK that has not expired, does not prohibit study and does not prohibit study at UCL. Information on whether you require a visa to study in the UK, how to apply, guidance notes and application forms are available from the GOV.UK website.
- If you have a Tier 4 visa, you will need to have collected your BRP prior to enrolling.
If you are registering at UCL while your application for a visa is in process of being considered in the UK, you must ensure that you have copies of your passport details page and your previous leave to remain in the UK and bring with you any acknowledgement that you have from the Home Office of your application. Without this, we cannot enrol you. If you enrol while your application for a Tier 4 visa at UCL is pending with UKVI, you do so at your own risk. If you are refused a visa, we would not be able to sponsor you and you will be required to leave the programme and the UK.
If you are successful with your application, it is important that you take your passport and visa to the Student Centre as soon as possible for scanning.
- If you are a non-EU/EEA or Swiss citizen you might need an ATAS certificate. Please see the International Student Support page for information and which departments require you to have an ATAS certificate.
- If you have not yet done so, you will also need to pay your tuition fees, or provide evidence of a sponsor if you have not already done this (see the Pay Your Fees page for more information).
UCL is not permitted to allow students to enrol without the correct documentation so please make sure that you have all the required documentation before you travel to UCL.
Page last modified on 01 aug 15 17:04