Useful links:

Immigration & visa

European Economic Area Nationals and Swiss Nationals

Students who are nationals of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, can study in the UK without a student visa.

Information on whether you require a visa to study in the UK, how to apply, guidance notes and application forms are available from the GOV.UK website.

Applying from outside the UK

If you are applying for a Tier 4 student visa from your home country, you will be able to find information about the UK Visas and Immigration requirements and how UCL will support your application on the Applying from outside the UK pages.

Extending your leave from inside the UK

Some of you may need to extend an existing leave in the UK in order to complete your studies. The Extending your visa from inside the UK pages will give you guidance how to obtain a Confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) and use the Batch Scheme.

Students on Student Visitor visa

If you require a visa to study at UCL for a programme which is 6 month or less and you do not wish to take employment or seek an extension to your leave, you may find the information on the Student Visitor visa pages helpful.

Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) clearance

Some undergraduate and postgraduate students studying in the areas of Science, Engineering and Technology at UCL may require an ATAS clearance. You can find out if this requirement applies to you on the ATAS page.

Visiting Europe - Schengen Visa

If you are a national of one of the countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA), you may be required to obtain an additional visa to travel to Europe. You can find information on how to obtain this visa on the Schengen visa page.

Working in the UKĀ 

The pages on Working in the UK during and after your studies are designed to give you immigration related information. You can find careers advice on the UCL Careers Services website.

Page last modified on 21 mar 14 15:58