Resources & Services for IT Staff
This area provides help and resources for support staff, Departmental Administrators who perform IT functions, Computer Reps and IT Managers. If you reset passwords, set up accounts for visitors, have responsibility for managing an S: drive or generally answer IT queries for your department, then this area is for you.
Good news! Coming soon in MyAccount...
You'll be pleased to know that we're soon upgrading MyAccount - the UCL password change service.
Key features of the new service are:
- Ability to set longer and stronger passwords.
- The stronger your password, the longer you can keep it for.
- Password strength meter to tell you if your password is acceptable *before* you set it.
- Registration of your mobile phone to allow quick and simple password recovery if you forget it.
Look out for posters around campus and visit the MyAccount FAQ page for more details.
Shared Drive Administration (S: drive)
Computer Reps FAQs
- How do I stop being a Rep? Or remove a Rep from my department?
Contact the ISD Service Desk in the first instance and request removal of Reps status.
Removal of Reps status will remove your access to:
- The Services System itself.
- The Computer Reps Tool.
- MyAccount Token generation funcitions.
Requests can also come from a Departmental Administrator or head of Department if necessary (i.e. “Joe Bloggs is no longer a Rep in our department”) and the same will apply.
- What if I need to change the departments that I represent?
- I'm a DA and listed as a Rep, but I don't want to be listed
If you are registered for the Services System as a Departmental Administrator you will automatically be added to the Computer Reps list. If this is not appropriate for your department (e.g. if you have dedicated IT support staff who act as Computer Reps) contact the UPI support team and we can hide your details from the Reps list. This will not affect your access to Reps tools.