Scan to email
There is a multi-function printing device located in the Christopher Ingold cluster room which gives the functionality of scanning and emailing a document to yourself or someone else (scan to email).
1. Place the document face down on the upper left corner of the glass.
2. Touch the Email option on the menu screen. It will prompt you to enter in your username and password. You need to sign on.
3. Touch the username text box, this will open the keyboard. Type in your UCL userid, and touch OK.
4. Touch the Password text box, this will open the keyboard. Type in your password and touch OK.
5. Touch OK.
6. Touch the To/From text box to open the keyboard, type the email addresses you want to send to and from.
7. If using the CC box option to send emails to other users you will need to enter in the full email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. To preview the scanned document before accepting and sending, touch the Preview button (top right on the screen), and the document will be displayed on the screen.
9. To scan more than one document at once use the document feeder. To do this place the document in the document feeder on the top feeder tray.
10. By default the document file type is pdf. To change the file type touch the Options button and a list of menus available will be displayed, then touch the Document file type option. Another window will be displayed, select the file type and touch OK.
11. To select any of the other menus just touch on the menu and select the option.
12. Touch Send E-mail button.
13. It will prompt you with Add Recipients to the Address Book, Select either Add or No
14. To return to the home screen, touch the Home button in the upper left corner of the screen.
15. Remember to Sign Out.