Please note: all black and white printers in student cluster rooms automatically default to print queue: ClusterMonoA4Duplex. See below for more details.
Current print charges
Print queue name
5p per A4 sheet mono double-sided
5p per A4 sheet mono single-sided
25p per A4 sheet colour single-sided
Do I receive any free pages?
A free allowance of £12 will be given to each UCL student at the beginning of each academic year (or pro rata for students who do not register at the beginning of the academic year). This is the equivalent of 80 sheets of mono printing or 16 sheets of colour per term for students who have 3 terms in their academic year.
- FREE QUOTA: A free allowance of £12 will be given to each user (UCL students and staff). *
- PURCHASED QUOTA: Additional printouts will be charged at 5p per mono A4 sheet and 25p per colour A4 sheet.
- DEPARTMENT QUOTA: In some cases your department may pay to add more credit to your printing account – you should discuss this with your department
Visitors and conference
Temporary accounts for visitors and conference delegates do not receive any free printing allowance.
Terms and conditions
1. Although the quotas are calculated on a per-term basis, it has been agreed with the Students Union that you will get all 3 terms' quota at the beginning of the year. Students registering during the year will get a pro-rata quota.
2. The current rates for a free quota are: 80 sheets per term, based on a charge of 5p per mono sheet (25p per sheet for colour). Free quota is applied to UCL students and staff only.
3. The free quota is the same for each term, and for each student regardless of status, department or course. Staff and students will be treated the same in terms of termly quota. Maximum limits will be set to ensure that students cannot accumulate more than 3 years’ (nine terms’) worth of free quota. This maximum for staff will be an accumulation of 1 years’ (three terms’) quota.
4. Refunds will not normally be given. The usual arrangement for faulty/damaged/lost items will be a reprint.
5. Refunds may be given to departments on Departmental Quota purse, calculated on an annual basis.
6. No refunds will be given on User Purchased Quota purses.