How to print
You should print in the normal way from Myriad Cluster or Cluster WTS by selecting the ClusterMonoA4Duplex (double-sided default queue) or an alternative queue such as ClusterMonoA4 (single sided) ClusterColourA4 colour print queue.
Your print job will then be held in a central queue and not printed out on paper until you release it using the print release station in the cluster room.
To release your print job from the central queue:
Note: If you don’t have time to release your print job, you can go to any other cluster room and use the print release station there. Un-released print jobs will be automatically cleared from the queue after 24 hours.
- Go to the print release station, found next to the printer in the cluster room where you want to print, and log in using your IS userid and password.
- You will see on the screen all the print jobs that are queued for you, and the amount of credit in your printer account. You can then release or delete any of the print job(s) you have waiting. This means that if you have sent a print job by mistake, you have the opportunity to prevent it from printing (and therefore not be charged).
- You must have sufficient printing credit in your account before you are able to release your print job, i.e. if you are trying to print a 10 page document and you only have enough credit to print 8 pages (40p), your print job cannot be released until you top up your credit.
- Click on the job(s) you want to print (hold the [SHIFT] key down and click with the mouse to select more than one), the number of pages and the amount of credit that is needed to print the selected job(s) will be calculated and displayed at the bottom of the screen.
- Once you have released your print job(s) the appropriate cost will be deducted from your printing credit account.
- To release the selected job(s) to the printer click the Print button.
- Your job will print on the printer next to the print release station.
- Any unwanted jobs can be deleted from the print queue by clicking on them and then clicking the Delete button. Jobs left on the central print queue will be automatically deleted from the queue after 24 hours.