Linux Ubuntu 7.04 Installation Instructions
How to install the Cisco Systems VPN Client on Linux Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty Fawn) kernel.
||These instructions were provided by an end-user and are untested.|
1. Download vpnclient-linux-4.8.02.0030-k9.tar.gz to your home directory.
2. Open a terminal window and untar the vpnclient with the following command:
$ tar xzf vpnclient-linux-4.8.02.0030-k9.tar.gz
This will create a new folder called vpnclient in your home directory. Leave the terminal window open, you’ll need it later.
3. Download the patch (mirror) and save it to the vpnclient folder that was created in step 2.
4. Go back to your terminal window and move into the vpnclient folder:
$ cd vpnclient/
5. Now patch the Cisco VPN source with this command:
$ patch < vpnclient-linux-2.6.22.diff
6. Next we actually build the Cisco VPN client, issue this command:
$ sudo ./vpn_install
Just hit enter for everything it asks you, the defaults are all OK. You may see lots of warnings, but those are OK.
7. The VPN client is installed, now we need to start it:
$ sudo /etc/init.d/vpnclient_init start
8. Place your .pcf configuration files in /etc/opt/cisco-vpnclient/Profiles/
9. If your .pcf file is called myVPN.pcf, you’ll connect to the VPN with the following command:
$ sudo vpnclient connect myVPN
These instructions were copied from: