IT Training Drop In Service
|There is no drop in on Wed 11 December 2013.||
Record your session
Individual help with IT skills for all UCL staff and students.
Provided by ISD IT Training and run each week during term time
From January to March (Term 2) 2014, times and locations will be as below:
Tuesday 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. in Archaeology 501
Wednesday 2 p.m. - 5 p.m. DMS Watson G15
If we cancel any sessions we will put a notice at the top of this page.
What we offer
- access to and guidance with self-paced learning based on our resources pages
- general IT help related to your work (see below for details)
- advice and referral for more specialist support as appropriate (see notes and daytes above)
- Currently not available - study and mock tests for the ECDL if you are participating in the Staff ECDL programme or the Postgraduate ECDL Programme
DMS Watson G15 is in the far left corner of the ground floor of the Science Library: view a map and floor plan Staff will be located in the first aisle as you enter. If you can't see who is on duty, please ask at the ISD Service Desk.
Archaeology 501 is located on the 5th floor of the Archaeology building at 31-34 Gordon Square.
General IT help
Available at every session:
- Core skills
- Office applications (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Email with Outlook Web App, Thunderbird and Outlook
- Website support for Dreamweaver or Silva
Not always available but dates for some packages are give above. Priority is given to staff and postgraduates.
- statistical computing (SPSS, Stata)
- web development (PHP/mySQL)
- programming (C/C++, Matlab, Java)
- qualitative analysis software (Nvivo)
- formatting longer documents (Word, LaTeX)
- bibliographic software (Reference Manager)
- database design (Access)
- graphics and image manipulation (Photoshop, InDesign)
Terms and conditions
You will need to show UCL ID before using the service.
We will try to resolve your query straight away if possible or we may recommend attending another session to receive the best help that we can provide in the area that you are interested in. In some cases we may not be able to provide the help that you require and we will advise you of this as soon as possible.
All support is on a drop in basis. If we advise you to attend at a later date you may still need to wait to be seen. We recommend that you have some work that you can do while you wait.
We recommend you read the Drop In Terms and Conditions before attending.