Student Training Booking - FAQ
How do I use the student training booking system?
- All remaining course dates for the current term will be displayed
- If you are interested in a course, click on it and a window will pop up
- In this pop-up window, you can see details of the course and which dates it is running on
- Choose the date and time that suits you, and add the course to your basket
- When you want to complete your booking (i.e. "checkout"), just log in using your UCL username and password, and follow the link which says complete your booking
- When you are logged in, you will also be able to see courses you have booked in the past, and your current bookings
- Click where it says click here to submit your booking
- Log out when you are done
What happens next?
You will receive an email within a few minutes, which will either confirm your place or tell you that you have a place on the waiting list
If you have a confirmed place
- You will receive reminder emails a few days before the course
- A place will be held for you
- If you do not wish to keep your place, you can cancel it through these webpages
- If you do not cancel your place, and do not attend the training course, you risk being blacklisted, which may mean you being barred from training in the future
If you have a place on the waiting list
- We will contact you by email as soon as a place comes free
- If we do not contact you before the course date, you do not have a place on the course
- If you do not receive a place, we will contact you should we organise another session of your chosen course that term
- Your booking will not be carried over to the next term - you will have to book again
IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE AN EMAIL within 10 minutes, there has been a problem with your booking. Please try again. If you continue to have problems, please contact us (see below)
What if there are no suitable dates or no dates available for a course I want?
We publish new dates on the first week of each term and we may also release new dates halfway through the first two terms. We always send an all student email to advertise these and allocate places on a first come first served basis.
How do I cancel my booking?
- Log in to the site using your UCL user ID and password
- Click on 'Manage Bookings Record'
- You will then see a list of your bookings and can cancel the ones you do not wish to attend
Do all courses run as scheduled?
No, unfortunately we are sometimes unable to run courses because of staff absence or issues with the room or equipment. This may be at short notice or may even occur on the day (for example in the case of technical difficulties with the computer equipment). If this happens we will always contact you as soon as we can to let you know. If a course has to be cancelled at short notice we will make all attempts possible to rearrange the course subject to room and trainer availability.
Who do I contact if I have problems with the website?
Email email@example.com describing the problem. It's helpful if you can include your UCL user ID, the browser you were using and what you were trying to achieve.