Creating and using a mailing list
Create a mailing list
If there is a group of people that you email on a regular basis all at once, you can create a mailing list.
1. Click on the Addresses link in the toolbar:
2. In the Add to Personal address book section, enter the relevant details:
Nickname: enter a name for the group - you are not permitted to include spaces in the title.
Email address: enter the email addresses for the group members - ensure to separate each address with a comma (,)
First name/last name: You will need to enter at least one character in both first name and last name. Either enter the list of names or to save time, just put a single character such as a full stop or 'x'.
Additional info: it is optional whether you want to include any information in this field or leave it blank. However, it might be useful to include a meaningful description in this box to easily identity the mailing list, particularly if you have many.
3. Click on the Add address button.
Compose an email using a mailing list
1. When you have finished composing your email, click on the Addresses button. This will open your address book:
2. Put a tick in the box next to the mailing list you wish to use and click on the Use Addresses button.
3. All of the email addresses for the group members will now appear in the 'To' field. Click on the Send button to send the email.