Configuring Windows Mobile Device to use secure email settings
Windows Mobile 6.0 Professional
NB: Although the below steps are for touch screen devices, the process will be nearly identical for non-touch screen devices (Windows Mobile 6 Standard).
1. From the Home Screen select Start.
2. Select Messaging from the Menu screen.
3. Highlight you email account and tap Menu. Select Settings from the pop-up menu.
4. Tap Next on E-mail Setup screen until you see Outgoing (SMTP) mail server. Select Advanced Server Settings:
5. Check the box Require SSL for Incoming e-mail and then tap Done:
6. Tap Next without changing any settings and then select Finish on final E-mail Setup screen.