Configuring Windows Mail to use secure email settings
|Please note: Windows Mail is not supported by the ISD Service Desk . Full support can be given to Thunderbird and Outlook users only.|
Note: The illustrations in these sections show an IMAP account, but the instructions are the same for POP users also.
- Go to Tools > Accounts
- Select your IMAP or POP account and click Properties.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Under Incoming mail put a tick in the box next to This server requires a secure connection (SSL).
- If you are an IMAP user, the Incoming server port number will change to 993.
- If you use POP, the port number will change to 995.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
- Click OK to the properties box.
- Click Close to the Accounts box.
You will be prompted to re-enter your userid and password.
You are now set up to read email securely.