Windows Live Mail
Configuring Windows Live Mail to use secure email settings
|Please note: Windows Live Mail is not supported by the ISD Service Desk. Full support can be given to Thunderbird and Outlook users only.|
- Note: The illustrations in these sections show an IMAP account,
but the instructions are the same for POP users also.
- Right mouse click on your UCL account in the left hand window pane.
- Select Properties.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Under Incoming mail put a tick in the box next to This server requires a secure connection (SSL).
- If you are an IMAP user, the Incoming
number will change to 993.
- If you use POP, the port number will change to 995.
- Click on the Apply button to save your changes.
- Click OK to the properties box.
- Click Close to the Accounts box.
You will be prompted to enter your userid and password again.
You are now set up to read email securely.