Configuring Outlook Express to use secure email settings
|Please note: Outlook Express is not supported by the ISD Service Desk. Full support can be given to Thunderbird and Outlook users only.|
- Note: The illustrations in these sections show an IMAP account,
but the instructions are the same for POP users also.
- Go to Tools > Accounts
- Click on the Mail tab
- Select your UCL email account and click on the Properties button.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Under Incoming mail put a tick in the box next to This server requires a secure connection (SSL).
- If you are an IMAP user, the Incoming
number will change to 993.
- If you use POP, the port number will change to 995.
- How can I tell if I am a POP or IMAP user?
You are now set up to read email securely.