Configuring Mail2Web to use secure email settings
|Please note: Mail2Web is not supported by the ISD Service Desk. Full support can be given to Thunderbird and Outlook users only.|
- At the Mail2Web log in screen, click on the Secure Login link.
- Then click on the Advanced Login link.
- Enter the server name, eg. imap-server.ucl.ac.uk. (You can use POP settings if you prefer. Enter: pop-server.ucl.ac.uk instead)
- Enter your userid and password in the relevant boxes.
- Next to Mail Protocol, put a tick in the box next to SSL and select IMAP4. (You can use POP settings if you prefer, select POP3 instead)
- Click on the Check mail button.
You are now set up to read email securely.
NOTE: You will need to go through these settings each time you wish to check your UCL email through Mail2Web.