GMail / Google Mail
Configuring Google Mail/GMail to use secure email settings
|Please note: Google Mail is not supported by the ISD Service Desk. Full support can be given to Thunderbird and Outlook users only.|
- Go to Settings > Select the Accounts tab
- Under the option to Get mail from other accounts, click on the Edit info link.
- In the pop up box, place a tick in the box next to Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail.
- In the box next to the Port number, delete 110 and replace with 995.
- Click on the Save changes button.
You are now set up to read email securely.