Configuring Entourage to use secure email settings
|Please note: Entourage is not supported by the ISD Service Desk. Full support can be given to Thunderbird and Outlook users only.|
Note: The illustrations in these sections show an IMAP account,
but the instructions are the same for POP users also.
- Click on Entourage in the menu bar and Account Settings .
- Double click on your UCL email account.
- Select the Account Settings tab
- Under the heading Receiving mail, click on the button which reads Click here for advanced receiving options.
- In the box that appears, put a tick next to This IMAP service (or this POP service) requires a secure connection SSL.
Please note: If you are an IMAP user, the Incoming server port number will change to 993. If you use POP, the port number will change to 995.
If the number does not automatically change, click in the box next to Override default IMAP (or POP) port, delete the number currently in the box and replace it with the appropriate number (either 993 or 995).
- Close the little pop up box to save the changes.
You are now set up to read email securely.