To use all the features available in OWA you need to use one of these Web browsers.
- Internet Explorer 7 and later versions
- Mozilla Firefox 3.0 and later versions [please note: there is a bug with Firefox 8]
- Apple Safari 3.0 and later versions
- Google Chrome 1.0 and later versions
Known issue with Firefox 8: There appears to be a known bug with Firefox 8 and live@ucl which results in all attachments being downloaded with the *.ashx file extension, making the files unreadable. This appears to be a bug in the OWA.
The only workaround is to revert to an earlier version of Firefox or switch to an alternative browser such as IE 9.
Supported browser and operating system combinations
The combination of Web browser and operating system also affects which features are available.
Web browser + operating system
Supports all features?
|Internet Explorer + Microsoft Windows||Yes|
|Mozilla Firefox + Microsoft Windows||Yes|
|Mozilla Firefox + Mac OS X||Yes|
|Mozilla Firefox + Linux||Yes|
|Apple Safari + Microsoft Windows||No|
|Apple Safari + Mac OS X||Yes|
|Google Chrome + Microsoft Windows||Yes|
|Google Chrome + Linux||No|
Web browser settings
Verify the following settings on your Web browser to ensure the optimal experience when using the Web management interface:
- Session cookies are enabled. Session cookies are deleted at the end of the browser session.
- The Web browser lets new windows open. Pop-up blocker settings in the Web browser or third-party pop-up blocker applications may prevent the Web management interface from opening new windows.