OWA - Getting started
The Outlook Web App (OWA) screen
This is where you’ll find your messages.
1. Create a new message by clicking
2. Folder list. The folder list includes the folders in your mailbox. It may include other folders, such as Favorites and archive folders. You can collapse this pane by clicking the folder icon at the top. You can expand and collapse folders in this view by clicking the triangle icons next to the folder names.
3. Search window. Type what you want to search for here, such as the name of a person you want to find messages from, or text that you want to search for to find a particular message.
4. The message list is a list of the messages in the current folder. Each entry in the list view has additional information, such as how many unread messages there are in a conversation, or if there’s an attachment, flag, or category associated with any messages in the conversation. A conversation can have one or more messages. When a conversation is selected, you can delete it, add a flag, or add a category by clicking the icons. At the top of the list view are filters that you can click to quickly find messages that are unread, that include your name in the To or the Cc line, or that have been flagged. In addition to the filters, you’ll see the name of the folder you’re viewing and the view that you’ve selected.
5. The reading pane is where the conversation that you’ve selected is displayed. You can respond to any message in the conversation by using
Reply all or
Forward at the top of a message to respond to it.
6. Navigation buttons. These are quick links to your Email, Calendar, Contacts and Tasks.
7. Options. Here is where you will find additional settings for your account in OWA.